My list of supplement stacks for beginners is based on purely on the routine that I use to get back in the gym. As you know, there are countless supplements out there and for different purposes. Many of these products and supplements are outstanding, but most aren’t necessary to when all you’re doing is getting back into a gym routine after a long absence.
All I really need when getting back into a routine are a few things: protein, creatine, and pre-workout supplements. The hardest part of a workout out is gathering enough motivation to get started. This is where pre-supplements come in and why I often buy one before getting into an exercise routine again. Energy (or lack thereof) is the primary reason I become sedentary.
Protein is another one I always buy. My choices for supplement stacks for beginners wouldn’t be complete without a good protein supplement or three. Protein is critical for active people to prepare the muscle tissue torn during the exercise process. It also aids in recovery. Many people question when, how much, and how many times to take protein. The short answer to that is there really is no right or wrong answer. Some people take a single scoop before and after a workout. Others consume their protein only after the workout. I personally do the former. A couple of other things I prefer to do with protein are to take it in the form of a weight gainer and drink a shake before bed. Each protein powder has ingredients and properties that make them digest at different rates in our body. Whey protein is for quick absorption whereas casein protein takes longer to digest. This makes the latter suitable for bedtime to avoid muscle breakdown overnight.
Creatine is actually the least important on this list if all you’re doing is looking to get back into a routine rather than full-on bodybuild mode. I chose to add this to my list of supplement stacks for beginners because creatine increases muscle and size. Even when I’ve taken a long hiatus I always get right back to muscle growth. Creatine not only increase muscle and size, it also helps your muscles recover quicker. This is something I notice in my workouts when I’m not as sore as when I don’t take creatine. Whether you choose to add creatine to your stack or not, there are many good options out there. Some brands even have excellent flavors, so much so that they nearly taste like Kool-Aid packets. They can come in both powder and pill form which this list includes both. No form is better than the other. It’s just a matter of preference.
Supplement stacks for beginners can be simple. Here are my top picks in the mentioned categories above and the Amazon links taking you to the product.
My Pick For Protein Powders:
Whey Protein Powder:
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder (Amazon’s Choice)- Amazon
- MusclePharm Combat 100% Whey Protein Powder- Amazon
- EAS 100% Pure Whey Protein Powder- Amazon
Casein Protein Powder:
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein Protein Powder- Amazon’s Choice
- Dymatize Elite 100% Micellar Casein Slow Absorbing Protein- Amazon
- MuscleTech Nitro Tech Casein Gold 100% Protein Powder- Amazon
- Cellucor Micellar Casein Protein Powder, COR-Performance Series- Amazon
My Choices For Creatine:
- Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Powder- Amazon’s Choice and my personal favorite
- MuscleTech Platinum 100% Creatine, Ultra-Pure Micronized Creatine Powder- Amazon
- MusclePharm Creatine, Ultra Pure 100% Creatine Monohydrate Powder- Amazon
Creatine Pill Form:
- Optimum Nutrition Micronized Creatine Monohydrate Capsule- Amazon’s Choice
- GNC Pro Performance AMP Amplified Creatine- Amazon
- Kreatin(TM) – Pure Creatine Monohydrate Supplement- Amazon
My Choice For Pre-workout Supplements
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout- Amazon’s Choice
- Cellucor C4 Original Pre Workout Powder Energy Drink- Amazon
- BSN N.O.-XPLODE Pre-Workout Supplement- Amazon
My Choice For Weight Gainers
- TRUE-MASS by BSN- Amazon
- Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Weight Gainer Protein Powder- Amazon
- MusclePharm Combat XL Mass Gainer Powder- Amazon
I do not own any images in this blog post.
Copyright (c) 2018 BlessedWithBalance.com, All Rights Reserved